July 12, 2020 First American Lutheran Re-opens
We are pleased to announce the reopening First American Lutheran Church for in-church service beginning July 12 at 9:00 am. Things will be a little different when we all return, and we want to make you aware of some new protocols.
· Sanitizing stations added in various locations.
· Pews roped off to allow for social distancing. No seating in the balcony.
· Fabric pew cushions have been removed.
· Hymnals, attendance cards, offering envelopes and pencils removed.
- Please bring your offering prepared in advance labeled with your name.
· Weather permitting doors will be propped open and windows open.
· The Church, common areas and bathrooms will be disinfected after each service.
While we are taking every precaution to ensure everyone’s safety, it is your decision on whether to return to worship. You may choose to continue to worship at home. The East Central Synod will continue to post links to online streaming services being offered by local churches. https://ecsw.org/sunday-service-live-stream-schedule/
WHAT TO EXPECT
· Enter through the church front door. If you park in the lot, you may walk through the set of doors nearest the classrooms and continue straight to the front doors. There will be no access to classrooms or hallway leading to bathrooms and fellowship hall.
· Masks are encouraged. There will be masks and gloves available as you enter.
· Enter with social distancing, no congregating before or after service.
· Sit as a family unit in available pews.
· At the end of the service exit by pew row from the back to front with assistance by the ushers.
· The pastor will not greet everyone as we exit and ushers will follow social distance guidelines.
· A picture will be taken of seated congregation before service to serve as attendance record.
· At this time there will be no singing or spoken prayer. No bulletins. The service and announcements will be projected on the wall.
· Pastor and lectors will do all the reading. Congregation to follow along silently.
· An offering plate will be placed at the back of church where you can place your offering as you enter.
· No shaking hands for Sign of the Peace.
· There will be no communion on July 12. We are working on a plan to offer communion in the future.
CHURCH OFFICE UPDATE
· Our office manager has resumed limited office hours in the building.
· To ensure social distancing in the office space we ask that you call ahead to help control the flow of traffic in the office and hallway. Office phone number 834-2460
FALC Reopening Task Force Team